WIA founding member Phyllis Craig was known throughout the animation industry for her commitment to young people interested in learning the art and techniques of animation. Women in Animation has created this scholarship in her name to support students who demonstrate artistic talent and have a passion for animation. Every year, WIA awards a $1000 scholarship to one deserving animation student.
- Applicant must be a full or part-time student enrolled in an accredited college-level animation program in the United States with a career goal of becoming an animation professional.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a registered alien with the right to work in the United States.
- There is a $25 application fee for non-members.
Register now as a WIA student member for only $25, submit your application for free and enjoy WIA member benefits.
WIA will begin accepting applications on January 15.
The deadline to apply is April 29.
Scholarship recipient will be announced on July 1.
- A portfolio, reel, or web address to online portfolio. Portfolio artwork should be copied and reduced to 8.5 by 11”. Do not send originals, as portfolios and/or reels will not be returned.
- A 500-word typed essay outlining educational and career goals.
- One written recommendation from a teacher or mentor.
- A copy of the applicants Student Identification Card