Women in Animation (WIA) is pleased to announce an expanded Scholarship Program launching in 2018. Since its inception under the guidance of founding member Phyllis Craig, known for her commitment to young people interested in learning the art and techniques of animation, WIA has been supporting its future generations. The new Women In Animation Scholarship will expand that commitment further, with the annual award going from one scholarship to five deserving animation students who demonstrate artistic talent, a passion for animation, and promise for the future. Each scholarship award provides $1000 per recipient. WIA renews its early organizational commitment to supporting the next generation with this new Women In Animation Scholarship Program.
The 2018 Women In Animation Scholarship opens for application on May 1, 2018. Our scholarship program is open to WIA Student Members only, please read the other qualifications and information below to make sure you qualify, and then click the button to apply for the 2018 scholarship.
Amount of Scholarship:
Who Can Apply:
- Open to Women (or those identifying as female) who are full time students at an institute of learning, offering courses in animation, accredited by a recognized accreditation organization
- Sophomore – Seniors
- School must be located in North America
- Student must have a GPA of 2.85 or higher
- Student must be a current member of WIA
- Student must submit one or a combination of the following: examples of fine art illustration, life drawing, photography, sculpture, character design, storyboards, animation class work, or an animated film as a link – content can not exceed 3 mins of material to view
- Student must submit a photograph of themselves at a minimum of 72dpi resolution (300dpi preferred)
- Student must submit 2 letters of recommendation
- Student must submit 1 essay minimum number of words is 500
- Student must submit proof of enrollment as a full time student (copy of class schedule) and School Picture ID