The Women in Animation (WIA) Animation Scholarship is an annual award committed to furthering up to three deserving animation students who demonstrate artistic talent, a passion for animation, a financial need, and a promising future in the field of animation. Applicants coming from schools all over the world pursuing many interests including visual development, animation and storyboarding are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS OPEN ON APRIL 1, 2019
The 2019 Women In Animation Scholarship opened for application on April 1, 2019. Our scholarship program is open to WIA Student Members only, please read the other qualifications and information below to make sure you qualify
Amount of Scholarship:
Who Can Apply:
Open to Women (or those identifying as female) who are full time students at an institute of learning, offering courses in animation, accredited by a recognized accreditation organization.
- Sophomore – Seniors
- Student must have a GPA of 2.85 or higher
- Student must be a current member of WIA
IMPORTANT NOTE: Student must submit proof of enrollment as a full time student (copy of class schedule) and School Picture ID.
- Student must submit one or a combination of the following: 6-10 examples of fine art illustration, life drawing, photography, sculpture, character design, storyboards, animation class work, or an animated film as a link – animated content cannot exceed 3 mins of material to view. portfolio or reel.
- Student must submit a photograph of themselves at a minimum of 150dpi resolution (300dpi preferred)
- Student must submit 2 letters of recommendation (Formatted in English)
- Student must submit 1 essay minimum number of words is 500 (Formatted in English)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Submissions that do not include all four requirements will not be judged.