Is this Circle right for you? If so, make sure you meet the criteria that the mentor has defined. Then, complete your mentorship profile if you have not already done so, and return to our Mentor Circles Application page, make your selection and click 'apply'.
Need more info before you make your choice? Use the dropdown below to view other circles in order to help inform your decision.
Do you want to work in animation, but aren’t sure what path is right for you? Maybe you’re not an artist, but you can be organized and you like working with people? Do you want the ability to work at large studios or boutique production houses, helping artists and technologists make incredible content? Do you dream of helping others create new classic films, beloved tv series, or memorable games? Then Project Management might be right for you.
In Project Management, you will work with technology teams (don’t worry, you don’t have to know how to code) and creative leadership to help them support artists by making new tools that ultimately bring animation to life.
In this circle, you will learn how to break into this field and set yourself up for success. By the end of the term, you will:
- Understand the Project Management Pipeline—where this field fits into the overall production process, the various jobs related to this field that help get the job, and the path one might take from first gig to Manager.
- Know how to set yourself up to apply for and land jobs by creating strong resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, etc. You’ll also have a clear picture of how recruiting works and what the job application process is like.
- Learn how to show up professionally so that recruiters and bosses take notice of you.
- Develop tools for managing the stresses and anxieties that come along with making the leap into the industry.
Set yourself up to learn to make time for both getting ahead at work, and making sure you don’t miss out on family or other personal obligations.
Criteria / Experience Level:
Aspiring Professional (0 yrs of experience)
Entry Level (1-2 yrs of experience)
Times Per Month: Twice
Meeting Times: 7:00-9:00pm, PST
Software Project Manager with experience managing technical projects at animation and visual effects companies.
My focus includes:
- Helping studios optimize and scale up their CG pipeline for film, TV, and commercial projects.
- IT infrastructure management
Projects I have worked on include: Avatar 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Game of Thrones, Aquaman, Ford v. Ferrari, Men in Black II, Birds of Prey, Mortal Engines, Alita: Battle Angel, Rampage, and Luck.
Title/Expertise: Technical Project Manager
Company: Skydance Animation
Location: Los Angeles
LinkedIn / Website: