By the end of the circle meetings, the goal is to have a solid pitch to take out to studios.
You will also:
- Learn the ins and outs of pitching and developing
- Problem solve and workshop projects with the group
- Hear from other creators and industry professionals about their development experiences and tips
- Mentee must be an active WIA Member Based in Los Angeles
- 2 years experience working in creative role in animation: storyboard artist, director, character designer, writer or equivalent
- Have either an idea for project or currently working on your own project
- Willingness to be open with creative process, share and workshop with others
Jill Sanford is a 15-year veteran in the kids entertainment business, having worked in animation development and current series at Netflix, Nickelodeon and Disney. Currently at Netflix, Jill oversees animated series for the 6-11 and family audience, including Carmen Sandiego, The Hollow, Last Kids on Earth, Cupcake and Dino and Twelve Forever. Previously Jill was Vice President of Development at Nickelodeon, heading up the animated shorts program and shepherding series such as The Loud House and Glitch Techs. Before that Jill spent 10 years at Disney Channel developing and working on series such as Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks, Mickey Mouse, The Replacements and Emperor’s New School. Jill lives in Atwater Village with her husband and 5-year-old son.
Wendy Willis joined Six Point in January 2016 as their Head of Development. She has worked as a creative producer in both features and television for over a decade, selling both comedies and dramas to places like FX, Comedy Central, CBS, Sundance, HBO, Sundance, Fox, Adult Swim, TBS, Cartoon Network and Sony. Prior to Six Point, she was a Development Executive at Mosaic where she oversaw a slate of projects under their first-look deal at HBO and she also spearheaded the company’s first theater project with Crescendo Productions. Even further back, Wendy worked for Lorne Michaels at Saturday Night Live and at Mopo Productions where she was a producer on the Oscar winning, short documentary, TWIN TOWERS. She is currently producing four new series for the MONDO channel on the VRV network, a movie at Sony, a series for Adult Swim and pilots for FX, Hulu and Fox.