Is this Circle right for you? If so, make sure you meet the criteria that the mentor has defined. Then, complete your mentorship profile if you have not already done so, and return to our Mentor Circles Application page, make your selection and click ‘apply’.
Need more info before you make your choice? Use the dropdown below to view other circles in order to help inform your decision.
This circle is designed to give the mentees an overview of different career paths in animation, help them grow their network, and spark reflection on navigating a fulfilling career. Each session will have a talk by a speaker on their niche of the animation industry, followed by an open period of questions and discussion. By examining specific examples from our speakers general trends and themes will emerge.
Topics covered will include:
- From Auteur Shorts to Hollywood Blockbusters: Working at Different Sizes of Production (Claire Blanchet, ReelFX)
- UI Animation and Animation for Video Games (Clara Pougeard, Compulsion Games)
- Animation For Concert Visuals and The Music Industry (Patrick Goski, Silent Partners Studio)
- Motion Design and Animation for Commercials (Penelope Nederlander, Freelance)
- Being Independent: From Freelancing to Starting Your own Company (Noah Wohl, Handmade Creative)
- More topics TBA
While this circle is for anyone that is curious about exploring different avenues for earning a living in animation, it’s primarily aimed at those early in their career or finishing their education.
Times Per Month: Twice per month
Dates: 9/14, 9/28, 10/12, 10/26, 11/9, 11/23, 11/30, 12/14
Meeting Times: 5:30-6:30pm PST
In 2009 after years working as a freelance motion designer and director, I founded the studio Handmade Creative. At Handmade we’ve focused on creating commercials and video game trailers. Along the way, I have also co-directed an animated short that was an official selection at Annecy, OIAF and a number of other festivals, and worked on developing animated series.
Title/Expertise: Creative Director
Company: Handmade Creative
LinkedIn / Website: