Is this Circle right for you? If so, make sure you meet the criteria that the mentor has defined. Then, complete your mentorship profile if you have not already done so, and return to our Mentor Circles Application page, make your selection and click ‘apply’.
Need more info before you make your choice? Use the dropdown below to view other circles in order to help inform your decision.
For many people, finding the overlap between what you love to do and what you are good at can bring success and joy to a career.
This Circle with explore ways to achieve this, resulting in a re-affirmation of your current direction, or possibly a re-calibration of that direction.
We will discuss various topics over the course of the Circle, including (but not limited to):
- getting to know yourself, self-awareness
- how do I know if I’m good at something?
- do you really want that? Will your hobby still be fun if it’s a job?
- strategies for moving forward on your path, or what happens if I want to change direction?
- ample time for discussion and exploration
- a 1 on 1 session with the Mentor at the end of the Circle term, if desired, to discuss specific thoughts or questions
- there will be multiple guest speakers, from all areas of the industry, sharing their experiences and decision-making processes
Note: We will not be critiquing your work in these sessions.
Student (last year of study)
Times Per Month: Twice per month
Dates: Every other Friday (1 on 1 sessions scheduled individually.)
Meeting Times: 8am Pacific time (Los Angeles/Vancouver)