Is this Circle right for you? If so, make sure you meet the criteria that the mentor has defined. Then, complete your mentorship profile if you have not already done so, and return to our Mentor Circles Application page, make your selection and click 'apply'.
Need more info before you make your choice? Use the dropdown below to view other circles in order to help inform your decision.
In this circle, we will walk through the production career cycle and the work, qualities, and skills that you would need to not only land that first job but also excel and move up the production ladder.
This circle is great for those aspiring to work in production and/or currently working an entry level position. Ideal candidates would be looking to enter the industry and/or looking to move up in production.
- Walkthrough of various production roles and departments
- The job hunt: resumes, cover letters, and interview prep
- Identifying your work and management styles and how to effectively work with and lead others
- How to represent yourself and represent well: etiquette, professionalism, communication, and soft skills
- Building your collateral: identifying and leveraging your strengths and uniqueness
- Assembling your team and crafting work culture
- Unstuck yourself: overcoming rough patches and moving forward
- Taking care of #1: work/life balance and fighting for yourself
Additional topics are specifically driven by each mentee’s personal journey and interests. We will work together to discuss your career goals and how to best achieve them as well as sharing tips for each step of your career that will help you thrive, not survive!
Student (final year)
Times Per Month: Twice per month
Meeting Times: Friday afternoons, PST
Frances E. Chang is currently the associate producer for one of Warner Bros. Animation’s upcoming CG series. She has been in animation production for 5+ years after a 7+ year career as a live action indie producer for a variety of projects, including music videos, short films, documentaries, narrative features, and television series. She graduated from UC Berkeley with a B.A. in Mass Communications and received her M.F.A. from the Peter Stark Producing Program at USC’s School of Cinematic Arts.
Frances is a Chinese-Vietnamese-American raised and based in Southern California and a working mom. She also mentors for Rise Up Animation and often advises those aspiring to enter the world of entertainment.
Title/Expertise: Associate Producer
Company: Warner Bros. Animation
Location: Los Angeles
LinkedIn / Website: