Position: Head of Operations
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full time; Salaried (Exempt)
Benefits: Reimbursement for health coverage, mileage, monthly cell phone allowance
Women in Animation (WIA) is a non-profit organization that advocates for diversity and inclusion in the animation industry. We have over 4000 members and are growing rapidly in the Los Angeles area and around the world with our global chapters.
WIA is growing its full-time staff and is now seeking a Head of Operations to shape our organizational culture and ensure that we reach our goals in an efficient and sustainable way. Reporting to the Executive Director of WIA, this leader will play a critical role in overseeing WIA’s day-to-day operations and is a key cross-functional communicator to the WIA Board of Directors, Staff and Global Chapters. The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills, the ability to coach and train paid and volunteer staff, and the strategic intuition to prioritize and delegate the many tasks and opportunities that arise.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to strengthen WIA’s organization and financial foundation
- Manage WIA staff (includes volunteer staff); define roles/responsibilities, set and manage key performance indicators, provide coaching and constructive feedback
- Supervises HR issues including hiring, firing, on-boarding, benefits. In the first year, they will need to research and establish a health insurance program for the full-time staff as well as a 403B (401K for nonprofits) program.
- Supervises Financial and Accounting function. Working with the outside agencies and the Treasurer, manage & report on WIA’s accounts, tax filings, and other financial functions.
- Working with the Staff & ED, prepare an assortment of reports to share with WIA’s governing bodies and to help ED manage the business of WIA.
- Working with WIA’s website administrator and outside contractors, supervise the functioning of the website and other technical requirements of WIA to keep it functional and the staff highly effective at their jobs.
- Supervises the maintenance of the WIA files on the WIA Google Drive
- Working with outside legal contractors, supervise the writing, administration, and filing of all legal documents.
- Supervises the review and revision of the WIA bi-laws.
- Ensure that WIA has measurable metrics for success across all programs.
- Support of the Measurement work group, in their efforts to establish an Index for measurement of women working in animation, maintain a measurement program through 2025.
- Develop framework and processes for WIA’s network of volunteers
- Attend all board and executive meetings and events; meetings are most often evenings and weekends
- Data analysis and performance/operation metrics for reporting and feedback
- Travel may be required
- 5+ years in an Operations or Project Management role, working with cross functional teams; a minimum of 5 years in a leadership position
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage an unpredictable workflow and flexibility to respond thoughtfully and quickly
- Knowledge of project management, process development, budget management, negotiation
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and able to work independently without supervision
- Proficiency with Google suite, Microsoft Office and various business applications
- Experience with project management tools, such as Asana
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience/interest in the animation or related industry
- Non-profit organization experience.
- Knowledge of membership software, such as Wild Apricot or Club Express
- Passionate about diversity and inclusion initiatives