Our very own WIA Vice President Jinko Gotoh made an appearance — virtually — at WonderCon in Anaheim the weekend of April 1-3. This was the first in-person WonderCon since it was temporarily canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. She was part of a panel entitled, “Developing the Future of the Art, Media, and Entertainment Industry” which aimed to discuss how industry leaders and government officials can best provide industry-level skills to students and access to jobs in the industry especially students in under-served communities.
Joining Gotoh on the panel were:
- Nicole Hendrix, Producer, Executive Director of the BRIC Foundation, Concept Arts Association
- Alison Mann, Talent Manager, Co-President of Fourth Wall Animation, Co-Founder BRIC Foundation
- Steve Issacs, Education Program Manager at Epic Games
- Matthew Waynee, Teacher 32nd Street USC Magnet School
- Jewyl Anderson Clarke, San Diego County Office of Education