The Mentor Circle program is a group mentoring experience where one mentor will meet with a group of mentees. This allows mentees to learn not only from a great mentor, but to also network with and learn from a group of like-minded peers as well. Each circle will have a different focus and mentees can apply to the circle that best suits their needs and goals.
The Circles provide an opportunity for mentees to learn more about the industry, craft, and employment opportunities within animation, develop a personal connection with working animation professionals, create confidential groups for sharing challenges, and build the kinds of bonds and relationships that will help support careers for years to come.
Applications will be open for mentees in late March. Once mentees are chosen, circles will meet virtually for 2-4 hours each month between April and August 2021.
Applications are open to:
- Any active member of Women in Animation who identifies as female or nonbinary
- Any active member of one of our partner organizations. If you’re not sure if your organization works with WIA, feel free to contact [email protected]
- Anyone not a member of one of the above organizations, who has a referral from an animation industry professional.
- WIA Members who have not been a Mentee in a WIA Mentorship program before
- BIPOC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Each mentee can apply to one circle. Please note that we expect a high number of applicants, and will cap each circle at 30 applicants. (This is done so that our mentors have time to appropriately review each application). Once 30 people have applied for a circle, applications for that circle will be closed. We recommend that you review circles in advance and plan to apply as early as possible.
- Create an account or update your profile on the WIA Mentorship Platform to include the most recent information about you, examples of work, personal statements and goals.
- Your mentee profile serves as the application, and takes just one-click to submit you as an applicant to your selected circle of interest.
- Mentees may apply to a single circle each round, and are encouraged to make the selection that most aligns with their professional goals based on the title, description, outline, meeting time, and the WIA Mentor leading the Circle.
- Mentors review applicants using the same online platform, and make their selections according to the stated goals and criteria of their Circle.
- WIA Mentorship will notify Mentees who are not selected, and Mentors will notify their Mentees of their selection via email to kick off the meeting schedules and next steps.
Our new automated application system consist of three easy steps. First you’ll create a mentorship program account. Second you’ll complete your mentorship account profile. Third, you’ll choose the program you wish to apply for and submit your application with one-click. You can learn more here.
If you’ve signed up for an account, and completed a profile, yet you still don’t have any choices available for you to apply to, it could be because of one of two reasons:
1. Your WIA Membership status has not been verified by the system. You must be an active member to apply, all existing members need to wait up to 15 minutes to have the system verify their status. Any new or newly updated members may have to wait up to 24 hours in order for the system to recognize them.
2. The programs you wish to apply to are all full. Each Mentor Circle Program accepts a limited number of applications. Once that limit has been reached, the choice is no longer available on our Circles Application Page.
If you believe you’re having other issues than the two described above, please email WIA at [email protected]
All circles require a certain amount of information to be input into the Mentee’s profile. To ensure you have all choices available for you, it is important to make sure that you’ve completed ALL fields in your mentorship profile so that you can esnure all possible programs are available for you to apply.
The program is only offered to active WIA members, so first make sure that your membership is active and current. You can check your stats at wia.clubexpress.com
Also, you must make certain that the email address you’ve used for your mentorship profile, matches the email on membership account. If it doesn’t you’ll need to update it at wia.clubexpress.com and wait for the system to sync. This can take up to 24 hours.
Make sure the email address you entered when creating your account is active, and spelled correctly. If it is, please check your spam and/or junk folder for any emails from our website. If you still don’t see anything, please contact us at [email protected]