The Women in Animation (WIA) Animation Scholarship is an annual award committed to furthering up to three deserving animation students who demonstrate artistic talent, a passion for animation, a financial need, and a promising future in the field of animation. Applicants coming from schools all over the world pursuing many interests including visual development, animation and storyboarding are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
The 2019 Women In Animation Scholarship is no longer accepting applications. We will be back again next year, make sure you’re on our mailing list to be notified.
Amount of Scholarship:
The scholarship award is $1500 and WIA will award up to 3 individuals.
Additionally, Toon Boom will be supporting this year with giveaways and scholarship. One-year bundled licenses of Storyboard Pro and Harmony Premium will be awarded to each of the finalists as well as a unique package for the winners of the scholarship who will receive the base licenses package as well as one-on-one remote training.
The Scholarship applications are open from April 1st through October 19th at 11:59pm PST
Review period: October 20th to December 31st
Scholarship Announcement: January 2020
Who Can Apply:
Open to Women (or those identifying as female) who are full time students at an institute of learning, offering courses in animation, accredited by a recognized accreditation organization.
- Sophomore – Seniors (or proven equivalent experience)
- Student must have a GPA of 2.85 (or higher or proof of superior academic performance in their academic program)
- Student must be a current member of WIA
Student must submit proof of enrollment as a full time student (copy of class schedule) and School Picture ID.
- Student must submit one or a combination of the following: 6-10 examples of fine art illustration, life drawing, photography, sculpture, character design, storyboards, animation class work, or an animated film as a link – animated content cannot exceed 3 mins of material to view. portfolio or reel.
- Student must submit a photograph of themselves at a minimum of 150dpi resolution (300dpi preferred)
- Student must submit 2 letters of recommendation (Formatted in English)
- Student must submit 1 essay minimum number of words is 500 (Formatted in English)
Submissions that do not include all four requirements will not be judged.